I received an in-depth document that details tons of Adobe CS4 information and it’s mostly info regarding Photoshop CS4, Bridge CS4 and the launch date of the latest version of Adobe’s Creative Suite.
First of all, the launch date is going to be around or during Adobe Max which takes place November 16th-19th in San Francisco or at the end of September around the 23rd. Adobe Creative Suite product cycles are around 18 months and Adobe CS3 was released on April 16th, 2007 so Adobe Max would mean 19 months since the last release. Let’s take a look at some features that may or may not be included in Adobe CS4.
Adobe Photoshop CS4:
Codename: Adobe Stonehenge CS4 Extended. Splash screen is Stonehenge.
1. Interface is similar to CS3 but there are small and minor polishes that complete the look.
2. Support for “Extensions” under the “Window” menu
3. The extension manager is in every CS4 application
3. “kuler” which is a Intranet color pallet collaboration tool for sharing color swatches with others on your team.
4. Flash Support (more on this later)
Adobe Panel Configurator 1.0 (Alpha Version):
1. It’s a way to create Photoshop toolboxes.
2. Choose from over 860+ commands, tools and application features and create your own toolboxes that work in any CS4 application
3. Supports Actions and Scripts too
4. Drag and drop text fields into these toolboxes
5. Support for SWF and Quicktime video files in toolboxes (not sure why)
6. Export the toolbar file and open it in any CS4 application.
CS4 Suite New Features:
1. Flash SWF support across all applications
2. You can open SWF files in any app and play them
3. A tool for developing flash content without any coding experience is coming
Adobe Bridge CS4:
1. New Interface (cleaner, more like Apple’s Leopard Finder)
2. Sidebar and search tool location are just like Mac OS Leopard
3. Folder navigation just like Windows Vista Explorer
4. Labels and star ratings are easier to access.
5. Filtered searches are now much faster even across thousands of images
6. List View in Bridge
7. Auto Photo Downloader to download photos from your camera is now easier and better than Bridge CS3
8. Improved slideshows. Spacebar starts slideshow (like quickview in leopard)
9. From Slideshow, just hit “r” and Adobe Camera Raw opens automatically.
10. Review Mode: (full screen review of photos)
a. Just like a full screen version of Apple coverflow
b. Loopt tool built in
c. Open all photos and review photos and drop photos out of view that you don’t want and other stay in full screen
d. Upon leaving review mode, photos you kept are now selected in bridge. Ones you dropped are still there but not selected.
e. Ability to create photocollections from within review mode
11. Collections are just like Playlists in iTunes. Ability to group photos. Location of photo is not changed.
12. More sharing options
a. Upload directly to FTP within Bridge
b. Web gallery templates are easy and uses the same templates available in Lightroom 2
c. Ability to create flash galleries with a few clicks and upload instantly
d. Uses the Opera engine to render galleries within Bridge
e. Photoshop Web Gallery is going away and being replaced by Bridge Web Gallery
13. Bridge CS4 Menus (in order left to right)
File – Edit – View – Sttacks – Label – Tools – Window – Help
Adobe CS4 Applications are exactly the same as CS3 but the text in the icons is black instead of white.