Keeping your PC clean is an important step you need to take to get your computer to work perfectly. Cleaning your software and hardware should be part of your routine because it can make your computer work faster.
You will be able to make your computer stand the test of time. How can you use air compressors to clean your PC, and what are some things you need to know about air compressors?
We will give you a detailed guide on air compressors, how they are used, and what you need to pay attention to. As the pros at Samco, the experts on compressor valve parts, say: “the type of air compressor you choose depends on what you want the machine to do for you… single-stage piston-type models are suitable for most home uses.”
Let’s see what these compressors can do for your PC.
How to use an air compressor?
Air compressors are devices that blow air or other gasses with increased pressure. You can use an air compressor to remove any dust and dirt stuck in your hardware.
To do so, you first need to turn off your computer, pull out the plug, and open the side. Then, you can use your air compressor to clean out all the dirt particles. Air compressors are used primarily for areas that are difficult to reach and can’t be cleaned manually. The coolers on your motherboard and graphics cards will usually have the most gunk on them.
You can start by cleaning these parts thoroughly, and then you can move on to any other areas with lots of accumulated dust. Make sure not to hold the compressor too close to the components to avoid any possible damage.
If you’ve never used air compressors before, we recommend you read the instructions carefully. Air compressors can differ quite a bit, and some have much stronger pressure, so you have to be sure that the one you choose won’t damage your computer.
After cleaning your PC with an air compressor, you should use rubbing alcohol to wipe off any access dirt or dust particles. You will surely see a difference in your computer’s performance.
Air compressor maintenance and parts
We have mentioned that taking care of your PC’s hardware is essential, but it is as important to take care of your air compressor as well. By doing so, you can keep it in great working condition for much longer.
If you experience any problems with your air compressor, here is a list of its parts and their purpose, so you can recognize what is wrong:
- Belts – one of the most important parts of air compressors since they help the compressor start and keep it working. You should check your belts from time to time and ensure they are in the proper place.
- Connecting rods – the most durable parts of an air compressor and needn’t be changed.
- Motors – the central part of the operation. They might wear out over time, so you might need to replace them after a while.
- Compressor valve parts – these let the air in and out of the compressor and need to be inspected regularly. If you feel that the air pressure is lower, check your valves.
- Actuators – the ones responsible for the air flowing out. Dust particles may sometimes block this part, so clean it every once in a while.
- Bumpers – used to protect valves from any potential harm. You must replace bumpers every once in a while to protect the valves.
- Gauges – parts placed on the exterior of the air compressor and are used to see how much air pressure there is in your compressor. You can use that as the first indicator of any troubles with an air compressor.
The most common bit of maintenance you’ll have to do is check the oil levels. Air compressors use oil to keep a steady air pressure, and once there is no more oil left, there will be a noticeable drop in performance. That’s why you need to keep the oil at the recommended levels.
Doing computer maintenance is not easy, but it is vital for the overall health of your computer. To keep your hardware (interior and exterior) clean, you can use an air compressor that will reach inaccessible parts of your PC. Please note that if your computer has stopped working, and you’re having problems identifying the issue, you should consult an expert.
Using an air compressor might sound complicated for those who’ve never used it for the first time, so it is important to follow the instructions when cleaning your PC. Once you get a hold of it, it will become a much easier task.